Saturday, October 2, 2010

HELLO from Amsterdam, HOlland ... still....

Hey ALL!  So My arrival time in Kenya was suppose to be this morning at 8am. (kenya time)  WELL>>>  I would love to say that that actually happend, but no instead I am here paying to use the internet while waiting for my 6pm flight tonight.  That means that I won't actually reach Mombasa, Kenya until tomorrow 8 am.  (Quick side note, it is 6 am Minnesota time, 12 in the afternoon here in Holland. Luckily KLM airline is top class and provided hotel, free dinner , breakfast, calling card, and even a little "over night" bag filled with shampoo, toothbrush etc...  

So amidst all the chaos and trying to call the UK,  for assistance about my flight change (Im sure my phone bill will be quite large)  I must say,  how much I thoroughly enjoyed Amsterdam the first day!

My great new friend Dionne, lives here and took me on a tour of the city and we went shopping of course.  I bought some new cute boots!  Her and her sister are wonderful, and I will see them and possibly stay there on my way back home. I could listen to them speak Dutch all day! Anyway, I finally got a good night sleep at the hotel at least and cannot wait to actually arrive tomorrow!   So far its only been about 3 days and it feels like a week so far, probably due to lack of sleep/time change all that good stuff. 
WEll.. for now I'm out I should get off to the boarding gate and I should say how much I LOVE seeing the world and traveling even when everything goes not according to plan.  Thats what its all about ;)  I love you all, and this concludes post 1, day (3 now) of still trying to reach my destination.   

xoxo  ~Des

1 comment:

  1. If you are at Shiphol, it could be a long, long hike to the gate. It is like a small city under a roof. Get some Belgian chocolate while you are at the airport. It will be the most awesome thing you've ever tasted. Certainly will make the wait more tolerable. I remember stepping off my plane there (KLM also) and encoutering an armed soldier stationed at the airport, rifle and all. Was kinda freaky, but you did feel safe!

    Pray you get off to Kenya today. Take care and be blessed!

    steve

    ReplyDelete